"be brief and tell us everything."


Thursday, July 8, 2010

um. a blog.

If you know me, you know that I’m a nurse by day and a struggling, sarcastic writer by night. since time has suddenly made itself available to me again (upon graduation and passing the NCLEX) I have decided to make a few of my rantings public. but in order to tell you what my blog IS, let me tell you what it IS NOT.

This blog is not about my daughter. Yes, she is the cutest little girl on this entire planet. Yes, she does the most hilarious things. But yes, I realize that most of the time it is only hilarious to me. I know that the majority of you out there do not care about how our day at the park went or fancy to hear how the birthday party turned out. I am not saying there will no Lola stories; it is just not what this blog is about.

This blog is not about politics. I want us all to be friends here. of course I have my own thoughts and opinions but debating politics is just not what this blog is about.

This blog is not a daily devotional. No leadership advice, no scriptural or spiritually challenging quotes. However, Jesus is a huge part of who I am and without his love and guidance, my life would not be what it is today (and my life is pretty awesome). I go to an amazing church that I actually look forward to attending. at jacob’s well, I learn more about my faith and hear the scriptures from an entirely different angle, so I am sure that will spark a few blog ideas. however, religion is just not what this blog is about.

A few more things:

This is my first official post. The previous posts were notes I wrote on facebook or blogs on myspace that I transferred over. (social networking dork alert)

I do not like capital letters or commas. Esthetically, I think they look like giant warts on a page.

I reserve the right to update as frequently or infrequently as I like.

and finally, enter at your own risk. MUHAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment